Diploma of special effects makeup
- 9am – 4pm
- Monday – Friday
- 10 Weeks Intensive
- 3 courses per year
- Monday – 24 July 2017
- Monday - 16 October 2017
- Monday - 29 January 2018
- Monday - 30 April 2018
- Monday - 23 July 2018
- Monday - 15 October 2018
- $8,500 NZ dollars – Total payment
- $800 - Deposit to secure placement
- $4,500 - Fees to be paid 10 days prior to the course commencing
- $1,600 - Paid by the commencement of Module Two
- $1,600 - Paid by the commencement of Module Three
Please talk to us about flexible payment plans.
- Health & Safety, hygiene, kit care, professional ethics & theory on skin
- Introduction to Basic Special effects
- Creating characters using week one techniques- Assessments
- Basic stage makeup
- Basic corrective TV makeup
- Ageing for stage
- Ageing for TV/Film
- Applying a TV and Stage makeup- Assessments
- Create a bald cap
- laying on facial hair
- Create bald cap character and applying facial hair character- Assessments
- Eyebrow blocking, Drag Queen makeup
- Camouflage makeup using Derma Cover
- Airbrush, techniques and application
- Life casting
- Cast a nose
- Create a character using a nose prosthetic piece
- Life Casting
- Cast a full face
- Create a full face character using prosthetic pieces- Assessment
- Body Painting
- Location character photo shoot
- Lacing facial hair
- Make a moustache
- Make and apply a lace moustache-Assessment
- Lace fronted wigs
- How to block
- Setting a wig
- Preparing models for wigs
- Blocking and Setting a lace front wig for a character- Assessment
- Finish Assessments or free time to create more characters for portfolio
About the diploma
Our Tutors will expose students to meticulous skills in both technical and creative aspects.
The Diploma students only need to bring themselves and an enthusiasm to learn, as KSFX provides an excellent professional make-up kit supplied by Minifies, that has everything needed to get students started.
KSFX also has a range of Kryolan and M.A.C Pro products at the school for the students use.
The Diploma Course is unique as it is fast pace, concentrating on Special FX (cuts, bruises), airbrushing, prosthetics, and working with facial hair and wigs. KSFX also concentrates on television make up.
Classes will run throughout the year and are deliberately kept small to maximise the learning potential and outcome of students.
Limiting the numbers to 10 students per course to ensure there is plenty of one-on-one focus from the tutor to student.
The school provides a professionally set up photographic room so that you can document your work and see how it translates on film. A resource room will be available to do research and help expand the knowledge of the students and for them to get inspiration.
On completion of the course every student receives an industry recognised Special FX Diploma certificate, and depending on their level of ability, can be awarded varying levels of distinction.
This is an intensive course providing future make-up artists with specific training to get ahead in their career in the special effects industry.